Sugar scrubs are exfoliating, renewing, and in general, do absolute wonders for your skin. I try to incorporate sugar scrub into my shower routine maybe twice a week (more if my skin is feeling particularly dry or problematic). The only downside to indulging in such regular use of these scrubs is that I often run out before I’ve had the opportunity to obtain a replacement. As a result of my occasional sugar scrub drought, using some household products, I put together a quick and simple recipe for my own brown sugar scrub, and use it in between purchasing the real thing.
What You Need:
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- Combine coconut oil, vitamin E oil, rose hip seed oil, and raw honey, mix thoroughly
- Slowly add brown sugar to mixture, gradually stirring as you go
- Store product in airtight container, and never panic again when you use the last of your sugar scrub ahead of schedule
It’s honestly that painless, has shown me nothing but stunning results, and has served as a wonderful substitute for my regular scrubs on many occasions. I hope you’ll feel the same!
Happy Monday, stay pretty ♥